Powered By Blogger
Custom Search

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Apparently, I'm blogging.....

So, why start a blog? Well, I will give you the short answer and the long answer. I can sum up the short answer in three words: I love football. Call it a sickness, call it an obsession, or call it a passion, but I love the NFL. I love the combine, I love free agency, I love draft day, I love every second of every play; because, as any true football fan will tell you, football is in the blood. You either have it or you don't. I have it. I can sit and talk with someone about the league, its teams, its players, its very being, for hours and a goofy giddiness just comes over me. Seeing that my husband does not have this condition, I thought blogging would be some sort of outlet for me.

Now, for the long answer. This time of year is what some laymen refer to as "the off season". As all of you true fans know, there is no off season in pro football. True fans refer to this time of year as "Draft season" or "transition time" but this is a very busy time of year. The draft is quickly approaching and I have so many scenarios running in my mind. Who will the Lions draft at #1? And, will it make any difference to their season? Who will the 49ers (my team) draft at 10? Will the Broncos do anything on draft day to compensate the loss of Cutler? There is so much to think about and so many topics to cover in such a short period of time.

So for all of you fans out there that just need a place to come and debate, chat, or gush about your team and the league, I blog for you. This is from The Fan, for The Fan. Because seriously, football would be nothing without us. So here is a salute to all of the jersey wearing, living room screaming, face painting fanatics that love this sport almost as much as I do.

No comments: